Friday, August 14, 2009

Milestones

So here I am in this adventure of life and I find myself another week closer to the start of school...

I'm not gonna lie - I get tired of summer about three weeks into it. Mainly because of the bickering - why do siblings solve boredom with bickering? I wouldn't know since I was an only child...but I digress.

This year summer is winding down a little differently - my oldest is going to boarding school and today is move in day. I must admit we didn't bother to pack well, we just sort of tossed things in a 'to school' pile in the dining room corner until it was time to load the car. I'm sure we'll pay for that in the unloading phase of the operation, but wait...I'm tangential once more.

Really today is about all these bittersweet feelings churning inside me. My girl's going off to finish high school at the best school in the state - among a group of kids so bright you need sunglasses just to have a conversation. This is such an incredible opportunity and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for her. She's going to thrive - and most likely redefine 'excellence' in the process.

I know it will be good for me too - I might just score for a little extra time to write with only one child living at home, but I'm not sure if I should break out the party horns or a fresh box of tissues.

It's just so very, very odd to know I'll be driving back home without her...

Regan

No comments:

Post a Comment