Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 3 of Twelve Days of Great Reads


Here is a real treat for young readers, and readers who are young at heart - a fresh new short story from Mary Cunningham. She's the guest at Echelon Press Shorts today and here's a glimpse of what motivates this talented author:

"Although inspiring young readers is my ultimate goal, it’s also my wish to encourage young readers and writers to explore their own family history. One of the main reasons that compelled me to write the “Cynthia’s Attic Series” is my regret at not listening to stories my grandparents told about their lives and childhood experiences. If I can encourage just one child to spend time with a relative such as a grandparent, great aunt, or their mother and dad – and write about them, I will have accomplished my goal."

A wonderful thought for every season, but so very precious during the holidays. Enjoy some time with your loved ones and start a talk about about Christmas with Daisy - a great story suitable for every generation!

Happy Holiday Reading!
Regan

No comments:

Post a Comment