Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Non-Fiction Recommendations From A Paranormal Romance Author, part 3

A few months ago, The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks was recommended to me by my web team. Obediently (because they know more about this stuff than I do) I added it to my kindle, intending to poke at it in small bits while on the treadmill or waiting out hockey practices.

Once I opened the book that plan flew out the window. The Big Leap is a fascinating book! Much like Smart Self Publishing by Zoe Winters, this book is a fast and enjoyable read, even counting the required moments of introspection. I’ve put both of these books in my world-building category, not because they offer tips for world building in a paranormal romance novel, but because they offer tips for building up my real world: making it a place of strength and inspiration.

I suppose The Big Leap is classified as a self-help book, but it wasn’t just another collection of the trite, ‘you can do it’ cheerleading. The Big Leap is well written and grounded in the experience and expertise of the author. It’s full of tangible insight and advice that I easily applied to my own circumstances.

In short, The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks is all about accepting our strengths and accepting ourselves, while expanding ourselves to embrace all the good stuff life offers.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment