Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Write Stuff Wednesday 1/13/10


Today, as promised, I'll give the Write Stuff nod to the movie Sherlock Holmes!

What a wild ride, starting with a chase through London's foggy streets, this movie doesn't let up. I loved the choices made by director, Guy Ritchie. To me, the angles and cinematography tells so much of the story. Where is the spotlight, what is in focus, which details get emphasized, which ones shadowed.

Sherlock Holmes is another movie full of lessons for writers. Without spoiling it, I'll just say I loved the witty exchanges and the way the fight scenes were choreographed was inspired. The motivations and character development were wonderful and I was pleased to see a fresh take on the iconic characters.

Regan

Tune in next week for Avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment